IT Conferences - Why do you go?

I know that #SPTechcon is not till October a ways away but it is great seeing posts like Mark D's about the sessions coming up.  I've been the past 2 years and it really is a great conference. I looking forward to going because:
1. SP2010: I haven't had a chance to get my feet wet with SharePoint 2010.  But by October, I should have a few installs under my belt and the timing of the sessions will be perfect.
2.  What else do we need with SP2010:  Often forgotten is all the other things you need to support a new product.  In the past, there has been good sessions around the "other" products like DPM and Forefront. We'll need these to operationalize 2010.
3. See what others are doing:  Even with all the reading, blogs, and feeds, it is great to see in person what consultants see in the field and hear from other techs like me.


Those are the big items for me.  Why do you go to conferences?



0 comments:

Post a Comment